"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

Over the weekend, while browsing the stationery aisle at Lee's on West 57th between 7th Avenue and Broadway, I found a journal that had this on the cover:

"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

So many things came to mind that it made me dizzy trying to pin down one thing I wanted to do if I had the chance.

I'd get into the cockpit of a a private jet and see the world in 365 days (hoping of course that my boss, John signs my leave form!). But I will not fail so I suppose that would be part of the package! I'd want to walk the Great Wall of China, bask in the sunshine at the piazzas of Italy, immerse myself in the natural beauty of Africa, surf, snorkel and beachcomb the white sands of the Carribean, see the Great Barrier Reef, make snow angels at the North Pole, see the dunes of the Sahara, dance at the carnival in Rio de Janeiro, kiss at the foot of the Eiffel Tower and then fall in love at the Taj Mahal.

And because I wouldn't fail, I would try my hand at rock climbing (am not that agile and yes, I have fear of heights!).

I will not fail so I would drop a dollar (you know I also don't gamble - jeeez! what a boring life I live!!!) in the slot machine in Vegas and win the jackpot. I'll keep half of my winnings for me and the half will go to the Hospicio de San Jose. As a colegiala we spent 40 hours there as part of Lay Apostolate and I had seen orphaned children grasp for the meaning of family, hope for love and they had taught me how to see gratitude in the little blessings that came my way.

I sent out an email to all my friends and asked them the question: "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

I have received a great volume of wonderful and amazing replies. I will write about it next.

Share me yours and email them to me. My email link is at the bottom left hand side of this page.

Popular Posts