Tagged Twice

PART I
The rule is: what are the things you enjoy, even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal… and then tag 5 friends and ask them to post it to theirs.

I've been tagged many times before but is guilty of not keeping the ball on the court. Often because I've not had the time or something else was due for blogging. This weekend Ms. Hannah tagged me and backed it up with the sweetest private email. How could anyone refuse?

So here are five things I enjoy doing with someone special but if the limitation would be unavailability of company, I can happily go solo.

1. Go to the park and watch children play. I can sit myself on a bench for hours just listening to the shrieks of laughter. This makes me forget the troubles of my own weary soul and get engulfed in each child’s play world. Then I get reacquainted with the richness of life and regain a level of optimism for the great possibilities that lie ahead.

2. Walk. It started as a motivation to get back into shape after my metabolism started to slow down and extra padding appeared everywhere. Now I enjoy the walks through Central Park, the FDR’s promenade along the East River and during the weekends, around the Reservoir which is a few blocks from my apartment.

3. Hop in the car and drive with no specific itinerary or destination.

When I it shouldn’t have to be really outside:

4. Watch DVD’s

5. Experiment in the kitchen, or what is sometimes called cooking (if it is edible).

All these are guaranteed to lower my stress level. My therapy is in shutting the rest of the chaos of the world out and then having time to think, away from the maddening crowd. When things get really crazy I go for quiet time alone and it always works. A time for silence so I can hear myself think and to clear my mind.

PART II
This came out in my MSN Space:

Three names you go by:
1. Mavic
2. Victoria
3. Mavs

Three screen names you have had:
1. m-princess
2. riverdalegurl
3. harmony

Three physical things you like about yourself:
1. color
2. my hands
3. my 'behind'

Three physical things you don't like about yourself:
1. my feet
2. my feet
3. can't think of anything else

Three parts of your heritage:
1. Malay
2. Cavitena
3. still to be determined - mwahahaha!

Three things that scare you:
1. error in judgement that would affect loved ones
2. to grow old alone
3. to lose my cool

Three of your everyday essentials:
1. camera
2. cellphone
3. lipgloss

Three of your favorite musical artists:
1. Najee
2. Buble
3. Groban

Three of your favorite songs:
1. 'The Gift' by Brickman
2. 'Mi Mancherai' by Groban
3. 'Feels so Good' by Mangione

Three things you want in a relationship:
1. humor
2. acceptance
3. comfort, calm

Three lies and truths in no particular order:
LIES:
1. You're not good enough.
2. Everything in my life will be perfect if only....(fill in the blank)
3. I never lie.
TRUTH:
1. We each determine our destiny.
2. We are a bit of everyone who we hold close to our hearts - parents, children, spouse or friends.
3. We all NEED to love and to know that we are loved (i know its mushy...)

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
1. tall
2. articulate (fine...its not physical!)
3. neat
PS - there is more to a man than what is physical. Most important for me is strength, intelligence, responsibility, tenderness and the maturity to understand that you are two separate individuals with different traits.

Three of your favorite hobbies:
1. My Blog
2. Travel
3. Photography

Three things you want to do really badly now:
1. go to the beach and just sit on the sand
2. go take my masters
3. hug my daughter

Three careers you're considering/you've considered:
1. Psychologist/counselor
2. Journalist (though was briefly, in college)
3. Go work for a humanitarian mission

Three places you want to go on vacation:
1. anywhere in Italy
2. Madrid, Spain
3. Havana, Cuba

Three kid's names you like:
2. Andre
3. Tristan
4. Patricia
PS - 1. would have been Nicole but I have her already; I'll work on the 3 soon

Three things you want to do before you die:
1. Work and live abroad (doing that)
2. Fall in love and grow old with a friend
3. Write a book

Three ways that you are stereotypically female:
1. I love clothes and shoes and shopping.
2. I flirt (ALWAYS).
3. I like adventure.
4. I refuse to be a stereotypical female.

Three people I admire:
1. my dad
2. Kofi Annan
3. the late Katherine Graham (Washington Post)


Tagged...you're it!

Now I tag Bu, Olivia, Zarah, Vanj and Renee and ask them to post the answers to their blogs. I’d tag Jong also kaso di naman yun papa-tag eh.

Popular Posts