Always a Party

Tonight as I am hammering on my keyboard, I have six loud, rowdy people in my apartment watching the Oscar Awards ceremony. They only wanted me to host it and I found out about the party about an hour before they arrived because they wanted to know if there was parking in front of my building. They had brought with them beer, chips, lethal chicken wings from our favorite bar, fish and chips and KFC fried chicken.

These are my friends - all single and all constantly finding a reason to party. Why my apartment? I have the smallest TV screen in the whole of Manhattan but they know I would allow them passage and as long as they will clean up behind them, they are welcome any time. Seating is limited but they do not mind my floor because they know it is mopped regularly and they do not run the risk of a dust allergy attack.

When my lease ends I plan to move to another apartment probably less accessible to Metro buses and the Manhattan subway system.

Maybe I will move to Geneva.

Popular Posts