Grey Weather

There hasn't been sunshine in New York City for a while. Since last week it had been mostly pouring rain or cloudy days.

Although today remained dry, the sun remained a no-show. I was walking along our office corridor that had an expansive view of midtown Manhattan when I must have thought loudly that there was "still no sun." I didn't know that JF was walking behind me until he seemingly replied to me that it was a "very depressing few days". Or maybe he had thought loudly too, I don't really know.

In my head I play a song from the Notting Hill soundtrack: ain't no sunshine when he's gone; it's not warm when he's away; ain't no sunshine when he's gone; he's gone much too long anytime he goes away...

Alone in the crowd and feeling cold even when I bundled the pashmina tighter around my shoulders. I looked to the heavens and wished the sun would take a peak and maybe it would help lift my spirits even for a while. But the clouds were thick, massive cottonly whites that in their volume was almost grey.

The music plays an endless loop in my head for the rest of the afternoon.

Popular Posts