Making Strides for Breast Cancer 2006



My first ACS Making Strides for Breast Cancer was in 2002 and I haven't missed an event since.

In the past 4 years hence, my friends and I have helped with our donations to fund programs toward the research for a cure for breast cancer, assistance in educating women about the disease and extending patient services.

Breast cancer can afflict anyone, regardless of race, economic or educational background, religion or even gender. Based on statistics posted on the ACS website, approximately 213,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the US alone. It continues to be one of the leading causes of death throughout the world but early diagnosis and cure has in the more recent years led to improving the odds.

Like last year, I will dedicate this 5 mile walk to my friend Vanj Khu and other close friends who have had close calls with Breast Cancer and have lived to tell the tale.

The ACS Making Strides for Breast Cancer will be on Sunday, 15 October 2006 in Central Park, New York City.

Unlike last year though when I had been more organized about this and had started requesting for donations a full 3 months ahead, I am hoping that this late start would minimize the procrastination and that you'd send your donations immediately! :-) Let's see how that will work!!!

You can either donate online or send me your donations personally. Either way, you will receive an email confirmation that the donation has been received by the American Cancer Society. And if you're in a walking mood that day, you can also join me and the rest of the UNITED NATIONS team on Sunday!

Those in the Philippines, please extend your donations to “I Can Serve” through this site: http://www.icanserve.net/donate.php

Thank you all for your help!

My Donation Page: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=1433386&pg=personal&fr_id=2159&et=SnHx1mRDGmXqLD1mcLf6jQ..&s_tafId=4747

Popular Posts