Lumang Tugtugin

My first weekend back in New York. With the weather outside too cold for a night out (well, was out the whole day, anyway) I indulged myself with a cup of instant noodles and started listening to the oldies Filipino music I had brought back from home.

Music from Hotdog (listen: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/yuna38/perslab.html), Dina Bonnevie (listen: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/znod11/bakitbaganyan.html), and my all-time favorite, Apo Hiking Society (listen: http://www.angelfire.com/funky/znod56/mahirapmagmahal.html) brought back so much nostalgia. It was probably more than the memories of adolescent awkwardness and confusion. It was definitely about first crushes and hoping that games like FLAMES had more truth to it. Of couse what I can't comprehend now was how I actually thought I had a chance to be Shaun Cassidy's girlfriend when my first love who was another awkward lanky pre-teener didn't even notice me.


Gorgeous, gorgeous ass....... :-)

It was a great time nonetheless, to be young and naive and to feel like I own the world. A time when life was about playing patintero with classmates when classes ended and we were just waiting for the schoolbus to bring us home. And of terrorizing the nuns and the teachers and other classmates without actually firing Uzis at them.

Life was simple then. The greatest horror that could happen was waking up to a huge zit on your face. Ahhhh.... the woes of growing up, something I certainly enjoy looking back to now but would never want to re-live once more. No, I would not trade my life now albeit the weight gain and the few gray hair to 'be young again'. Been there, done that....I'm moving on.

Popular Posts