DC, Peeps, Twitts, etc.

It's the end of the week at work, tomorrow being a holiday. Yes, we observe Good Friday as a holiday so it's a long weekend ahead. I'm thinking of traveling to DC tomorrow to bask in the beauty of the cherry blossoms now blooming along the Potomac. It is difficult to 'bask' though when the weather is closer to winter than to spring. Wind chills pull down the average tempratures on the East Coast closer to 32 degrees so it is much tempting to stay indoors.

DC is a quick 3.5 hour bus ride from Manhattan. There was buses that leave Chinatown every hour and a roundtrip ticket costs $35. Drop off in DC is about two blocks away from the Union Square Station and then a daily subway Metro pass is $5 so I am thinking of leaving NY at 730AM, spending the day there and then board the 7PM bus back to make it home by 11PM. Let's see how my mood is tomorrow when I wake.

Bunnies, colored eggs and kits to color them, colorful jellybeans and PEEPS!!!! They fill store shelves in bright pastels screaming Easter.

The peeps remind me of my daughter Nicole all the time. She is often here in the spring and she loves these marshmallow chicks. They are cute though, but marshmallows I think should be always be cyclindrical or cube-shaped, otherwise it is sacrilegious. How else can you make smores???

Francis invited me to join Twitter (my page here)and I did so now I have another blog, this time more like a mini-one. I have several blogs, actually - this one at blogspot, my Yahoo 360 profile and now, this Twitter. My thoughts, you can say is splattered all over the internet - hehehe.

The thing about Twitter is it limits you to 140 characters. The idea is that every moment that we go through in daily life must have a caption and the site is suppose to compile your collected musings. It is very addictive but I am constantly tempted to blog about the naughty and psycho stuff that flash through my head. So I try to self-censure. I need more friends though, so co-bloggers and those of you who are constantly reading and telling yourself that you want to start your own site - try Twitter.
Finally, if you have a google account, you should try to personalize your home page. It looks really cool and they have a lot of add-ons it is literally YOUR VERY OWN PAGE.

Popular Posts