Another One

And so it comes to pass - another milestone in my life. A birthday.

Highlights: the numerous text messages, IM messages, emails and phone calls reminding me that I am a year older. And that I am remembered, and loved very much.

Of course the question is always: am I wiser? Answer: Of course never.

Regardless how many birthdays I will have, I find myself to be the same person as I was years ago. The same carefree girl who loved having the wind on my face and feeling the rush in the uncertainties that I get entangled with. I will always venture into the unknown and tweak the possibilities that life might offer in the most unconventional ways. I live outside the box, and as I have been warned that I also tend to push the limits. Live on the edge, you know... life is short. Make it fun. No drama, if I can help it.

The only thing that makes this birthday significant is that I have this huge range of people that I have collected in the journey of life. People I have gone to school with, grew up with, fell in love with and those who continue to embrace me to take part in their world. If it comes to a point when it becomes hard to keep track but that I have not managed to bungle the ones that matter most then it must mean that I'm still ahead.

I am also blessed with a great family and a job that I honestly enjoy and wake up everyday for. At this point, despite the many things that I may not have that everyone else insists I should have, with the hope that I wouldn't jinx it - I can declare to the world that I am indeed, at a happy point in my life.

On with the celebrations then... cheers!

Popular Posts