Leaving on a Jet Plane

I am ticketed and prepping to take the long haul flight to be with family for the holidays. At work, I have finally submitted my leave form and though it is not yet signed by the section chief, we all know there is no way they can stop me now. Not unless they are willing to reimburse me the full cost of the frigging ticket anyway. Of course they are all still bitching about my long absence this time of the year but hey, cut me some slack since I rarely take days off the rest of the year.

Literally psyching myself up for the 15 hours from New York to my connection in Seoul prior to a shorter flight of 4 hours to get to Manila. My fantastic travel agent worked on a wonderful itinerary that wouldn't require me to have more than one stopover and to make sure departure and return dates are as I have requested. This, despite the fact I only gave her 3 weeks to get me my tickets. If you want a great travel agent, email me and I will give you Juliet's number. She comes with my highest recommendations.

Next steps now are shopping - which started yesterday when we went to the outlet mall in New Jersey, packing and to mentally prepare myself for the loooong trip. And yes, starving myself for the days prior to departure so I can create enough expansion space for my mom's dishes.

Most likely, I will be blogging from Manila next.

Popular Posts