Flowers at Home: Almost Italy

The next major trip will be to Italy in late October. I will be spending 5 days in Tuscany - driving around to see the small towns sprinkled between Florence and Rome. I plan to roam vineyards in Chianti, stroll the cobblestone streets of Montepulciano and Volterra. I plan to sit and bask in the Tuscan sun in the midst of ancient piazzas.

And so in prep for this major solo travel, I have literally brought home all travel books from the NYPL because I am too cheap to buy. I am memorizing phrases and dutifully practicing my Italian.

To bring home the feeling I grabbed the summer bouquet from the deli downstairs. Great yellow from the sunflower and oranges from the mini sunflowers plus bursts of green and brown from other flowers.

Ahhhh, la bellisima!

M
NYC

Popular Posts