A short note from Erbil in Iraq

Second weekend on mission.

I came with mixed emotions.  At this point I think I've started to figure it out.  I am happy to be here. I've met some great people who teach me and remind me of the things I may have forgotten from my static lifestyle in New York.  I've learned to appreciate the value of small things and have actually become grateful for each sunrise and sunset. I've learned to listen to myself speak and be more conscious of how I want people to hear me.  I've learned that the small acts of kindness matter most.

This is not the place I wanted to end up in but it is a good place to land.

Final thoughts for today:

"...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become." - Steve Jobs

M
Erbil, Iraq

Popular Posts