Star Sightings

In Manhattan you mingle with all kinds of people. Rich, poor, average or famous. Celebrities from around the world all have called New York City their home one time or another. And with such a small place, you are bound to cross path with a celeb once in a while. More movies and TV shows have been filmed here than anywhere around the world so what else can you expect?

Two weeks ago I was having dinner at Ollie's on the west side and who would be sitting on the next table? Cynthia Nixon (Miranda from Sex and the City) and her two kids. At the corner of 42nd Street and 2nd Avenue the cast of WB11's Morning News gather from spring to early fall until 9:00 AM. I've cross paths with Katie Couric at Rockefeller Center (but I'd have been happier if it were Matt Lauer when he still had hair). At work I've seen Drew Barrymoore a few weeks ago on the way to a meeting. I'm looking forward to seeing Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn in April.

I went with my aunt to lunch a few days ago and who would be in the same restaurant but Rachel Alejandro and Geneva Cruz. Not someone you'd be familiar with but very popular singers/actresses from where I come from - the Philippines.

They politely signed autographs (nope, I didn't ask) and smiled for pictures (that, I did). I don't remember any of Geneva's songs right now but one song of Rachel used to be a favorite, the same one her father Hajji had made popular - "Di ka ba nagsasawa or di kaya'y napapagod sa ating mga tampuhan; walang hanggang katapusan...", yeah, I'm singing as I am typing this. Be glad you're just reading!


Geneva Cruz


Rachel Alejandro

Funny thing is, no one makes a big deal. Unless of course, it's my boyfriend:


Derek

Popular Posts