The Fall Back Blabber

My blog doesn't get a million hits a day but it has its share. The gaps between the entries lately is very telling of my suddenly hectic lifestyle registering itself so. I have tried many times to open the blogger account, log on and get into the 'create' screen. Unfortunately it doesn't progress much beyond that.

It is not because of lack of inspiration or the lack of something to write about. Living in New York City and my life specifically has a lot of stuff in it worth writing, trust me. It is the time to sit down and get things organized in my head that has become impossible. As I sit in the subway I get to observe the daily rituals of people; the more intimate interaction between couples on their way to their destinations and kissing on the platform as they take separate paths; the detached and those who live in their own world, immersed in their music with their ipods or the fantasies of their mind in books they read rarely blinking. And then there are those whose souls had been siphoned by the devil and who leers and sneers at anyone who would care to listen.

A few weeks back we had "fall back" - gained an extra hour and returned to Eastern Standard Time. It has been insignificant, much as I did sleep get to sleep an extra hour on the first day, a Sunday. That of course is hard to gauge since I often get up late on a Sunday anyway. And late, being 8AM since I have to do my laundry or clean my apartment before I head out the door for my Sunday mass at noon.

In anticipation of "fall back" I hoped to do more, but how much more is more? I wake at 7, get in the shower and is on the train to work and am greeting everyone good morning by 8:30AM. Phone calls, meetings, letters, emails and some personal stuff make up most of the day. By lunch I am either meeting up with friends or Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I rush to my one hour Spanish class. I return to work, rush about to finish as much as I can before the end of the day. End of the day technically should be 5:30PM but sometimes the banter or the work keep us in the office way past that. I don't mind, I enjoy my work and the people I work with. I've said that once and it is without hesitation that I will state that again. I enjoy my work and the people I spend most of my day with.

The "fall back" brings darkness to the city by 6PM. I leave work, get to the gym and try to sweat a workout for an hour and then I'm home. Sometimes it is a night out with friends who keeps the sanity intact for the single girl in the city sans the sex. Sometimes it is just home early to crash in front of the computer and attempt to reply to accumulated unanswered emails. Tonight, I get distracted with The West Wing, the only TV show I ever really watch. Amazingly, I still came up with an entry for the blog.

A note to self: should take it easy - not good to NOT smell the roses; mars the child-like self. distracts the soul; takes away the music to life. So not so good.

Popular Posts