POETRY: untitled

A long, long time ago, in a world now seemingly far far away I had always found the inspiration to be motivated to write poetry... or something like that. Nothing grand like how my daughter or Mayan does them. My masterpieces were often in the same category as Mother Goose's - often with no rhythm, rhyme or meaning.

I wrote this while in Mactan, Cebu on business (mixed with a bit of pleasure of course). One thing I remember was showing this to someone I used to date regularly and about a year later he called me up again, asking about the poem I wrote about him which he had to describe in detail for me to remember (eh kasi naman I DIDN'T, I never wrote it for him noh!!!). It was a DUH moment but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I'm always too nice (canned laughter: mwahahahahaha!) I sent it to him and I am sure he had sent it to some unsuspecting girl pretending he had written it. Argh... glad I got away from that one!

Angelic face, bedimpled cheeks
Soft soothing voice from cherry lips
You are the image that reside in my dreams
Fulfilling fantasies of girlish whims.

Cast to winds my cares as they may.
Set aside that fickle minded disposition
Soft touches never lost in the translation.

Lingering my lips over your sweet mouth
A kiss so light like a feather, a pace so slow
Tenderly as my fingers caress thy skin

Memorizing your arms, your neck, your back.
Soft suppleness I will long for tonight.
Skin to skin we slithered waking sleeping senses
Peaking emotions surging as one.

Another attempt at poetry: 4 December 1999

Popular Posts