Hummingbird

My Tita Nina emailed me a set of pictures today. Two were of the hummingbirds that I saw when I was at their house in Phoenix when I came to visit in March. I wanted so badly to take a picture of the tiny bird but it seems I had become mesmerized by the awesome sight as it hovered over a flower to take its nectar. All through the rest of my vacation I kept wishing I had taken a picture of the bird.



Today she sent me the pictures she had taken and then told me that the same bird had built a nest in the ficus tree near her kitchen. She had two eggs in the nest, she reported further.

When I emailed her back I briefed her on the many changes that had been happening in my life since we last talked in her kitchen over fresh pasta she had cooked. She's very religious and when I told her about my multi-facetted romantic dilemma, she gifted me with a small statue of St. Joseph which she said should help guide me to find who would be right man for me.

We promised to stay in touch in the email. She would update me on the progress of the nesting hummingbird and I will keep her updated on my romantic situation.

She had a postscript though: she said she just adored the Italian.

Popular Posts