The Songs of the Sea



"Does the song of the sea end at the shore or in the hearts of those who listen to it...."

A quote from the Lebanese poet Kahlil Gibran. A beautiful passage and how appropriately placed in a peaceful cemetery that faces out to the Atlantic.

There is so much romance associated with the sea, the sunset that blazes its horizon or the emotions that stir in its heart - its rage in a storm or its calm sweet kisses to the shore early in the morning. I even love the smell of its saltiness. And how mysterious that it hides its many secrets including the many creatures it nurtures in its bosom.




On a very special weekend, I had the luxury to unwind in a place that is almost heaven on earth. It was my day, my friend said and so I was pampered - pedicured and manicured, groomed, massaged and steamed like dimsum in a spa.

And as my plane lifted off the stretch of runway to return me to the city, the echoes of the lapping waves against the shore stayed in my head. I smiled knowing that the songs from my weekend are not left behind and that they become embedded in my soul.


Popular Posts