I Got Sunshine

It rained hard overnight and for the first time I actually HEARD rain pouring outside of my window. The wind howled too - in a scary familiar way, like how I used to remember Signal number 5 typhoons in Manila. But I was in the safety of my apartment, tucked warmly beneath my down blanket and surrounded by puffy almost cloud-like pillows.

This morning at 6AM, I got up and walked to the computer and typed an email to my boss informing her that I wasn't coming to work. I was taking a personal day off. HA! You heard that right - a personal day off. With 2.5 sick days still unused and which I am bound to lose at the end of the month I realized I had the luxury to take a day off and it would be today. Not apt to lie about being sick either, a personal day off seemed most acceptable.

And so what is a personal day? Usually what we call a day off from work to attend to urgent personal matters. Today it will be defined as when I can type an entry to my blog at 830AM, climb back to bed and read my book 'eat pray love' and maybe later, when the skies clear - have a bit of walk at the park.

It may be grey outside and the humidity will wreck havoc on my hair if I step out now. I will not be troubled. Today is a day when I will do what I want when I feel like it. And if all I want to do today is just curl in bed with a book and hot chocolate that's not so bad either. And the best thing is, I don't have to pretend to be recovering from being sick tomorrow when I come back to work. Not like how some people do it. :-)

Popular Posts