My Life in a Vacuum, The Next Blogs

It has happened. Someone has finally come forward to hit me on back of my head to make me realize that my blog entries have become BLAH. A fact I have already come to know, of course.

“….what the f*** happened to your writing style? You used to be able to express your rants and raves so well it dragged your reader to the flow of your emotions. …” he wrote.

True. So what happened? I guess with the realization that a lot of people now go back to my blog to see what is going on in my life I have become more self-conscious. I have never really intended to make my blog a newsletter of my love life or the eventual lack thereof. Neither do I feel comfortable having people close to me read my thoughts and realize what is going on with my relationships with friends or family or even the romantic type. These are many things that of course I have hoped I can share through my blog because I can verbally compose them very well. Yet I try to be sensitive to those who can be directly affected by such entries. I’m sure eventually people will come to be more conscious when they are around me because they know I will blog about it. Trust me, I try to scare my first dates with warnings that “I will write about this on my blog tomorrow….” and it is a guarantee that they will label me as that “psychotic chick”. Always behind my back, of course, because I tend to never see them again =)

“….a good blogger must live in a vacuum….” Al3x have twittered.

I agree. The best blog entries are those that can put ink onto paper as thoughts flow. Unfortunately, my life is not a vacuum. Being Filipino, I come from a people that tend to be very onion skinned about criticisms or unsolicited advise. Friends and friends of friends do visit my blog occasionally. Sigh, same with my family and even at this age, I do subscribe to a certain level of approval from them because yes, that is what we do because it is in our culture.

So fine, I will try to be less conscious of what I write and try not to self-sensor myself so much. That is as much as I can promise. Let's try to make it more interesting then....

With that, I hope you stick with me for some of the next few entries that will bring you back onto reflections of my life and what goes around me. And yes, part of making it interesting is dragging some of you into it.

I hope you continue to keep me informed about how you feel my next few entries are measuring up. And I’m a big girl, I can take the best criticisms.

Popular Posts