Ready, Set, Summer!

It was not a really bad winter season but like the tropical girl that I am, I am just glad that we have reached that mark in the calendar that unofficially says we are almost in summer mode.
The beaches in the New York - New Jersey coasts are open, the exodus to the Hamptons has resumed and yes, the sailors are roaming the streets of the city again - it is Memorial Day weekend!

It is a three-day weekend and I have promised to tune out of the internet for the length of it. A promise I had not been very good at keeping since although the puter had been offline for a while, my Blackberry is pretty much connected to what matters to me - emails and Facebook, included. =)

I have spent the first days of the weekend in the city, enjoying the mild weather and mingling last night with a batch of vacationing friends of friends. It is of course a welcome break from the intensity and insanity of work from which I have fulfilled my promise to completely disconnect.

Tonight I fly out of the city for three days of genuine beach vacation and will be back hopefully by Wednesday evening - if complicated flights eventually work. Til then I have lined up some stories to upload at timed intervals (yes, it is a new Blogger feature!!! woopee!!!).

Til then, enjoy the promise of the summer and better days.



(Pictures are from my Cape May album at Flickr)

Popular Posts