Superwoman for a Day



I did it: I have made twice my initial fund-raising target after a friend closed my donation page on Saturday night at $200.

I did it: crawled out of bed on a perfect Sunday morning and joined the masses that converged on 72nd Street in Central Park for the Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5-mile non-competition walk. And right on time, my team were on the Start Line at 9:30 AM.





I did it: weaved through the park from the Bandshell at 72nd Street north to 100th Street then crossed towards the west side and then back down to 72nd Street. I have trained myself for the past weeks to build the stamina and realized that after all the hard work, 5 miles is a breeze - a stroll in the park.



I did it: 5 miles in an hour and a half. I broke away from my team halfway with their permission and proudly danced across the pink canopy of balloons. I grabbed my goodie bag (with just juice and an apple; last year we had chocolate bars and candies!)



I made it: from 72nd Street I hopped on the C train that took me to Brooklyn in time for our tennis court reservation at 12 noon. Wally and I played for an hour non-stop. I didn't know where my energy was coming from. In love? Inspired? Or just plain crazy.

We made it: took the train from Brooklyn to Queens where Wally and I had Vietnamese lunch and then walked a half mile (10 blocks) to the Filipino store where I bought salted duck egg, otap, Choc-Nut and fried 'tuyo' (dried fish). Then I took the train back to Manhattan and home.

So I am dead tired and am crawling back to bed to look forward to another hectic week at work. That is, after I send an email to my Italian which I plan to sign: Superwoman....

Popular Posts