tinkering, tinkering

I was cajoled to post an ad onto my blogsite. I succumbed to the pressure but as soon as the banner appeared at the top of my posts, it totally annoyed me like a major pimple at the tip of my nose. It just didn't belong there so this afternoon I tinkered with my blog template to remove it. Like a stalker nightmare, however, the ads kept popping up and found its way onto my website regardless how many times I had deleted it from the main template. Probably because I had toggled on the AdSense button and it doesn't have an option for delete so even when I erased the HTML codes, whenever I re-published, the banner ads came out again. I'm sorry if that sounded a little techinical. In lay terms, what happened was I tried to install an ad on my blog, hated it and couldn't get it out.

Well, the bad news was I experimented. And so for about 3 hours I tried to change the look of the website and tried on different 'looks', none of which seemed suited for my blog's nature. I think the 'nautical' theme was still the best so I reverted to it only to realize I had to re-install all my links, my counter and my 'flickr' pictures. The rest was easy but my links....oh no! I couldn't remember anymore who were in my links and so it ended up that the only ones I could re-link had been those I sort of remember their blog's addresses.

The good news? Well, after skipping dinner and my gym appointment the website looks exactly as how it did pre-AdSense banner. You probably didn't even notice that I had been messing with it the whole evening!

Lesson for the day: If it isn't broken, don't mess with it.

Popular Posts