The Coming

I'm baaack!  The over protective mom, that is.  Nicole is now en route to New York and I've called her three times already in the last two hours prior to boarding in Manila.  Nope, this is not her first time to travel alone.  She has in fact been traveling abroad alone since she was 16 years old.  But I cannot help it, mommie me just tends to take over whenever she comes to within a certain radius. 

I've been urging her to meet people her age when she comes.  That way she doesn't have to hang out so much with me and yet she insists she just wants to be on her own - to rest her mind, she says again.  Work had been stressful the past year when she had been juggling the work ideally for two or even three people.  She's on vacation and yet she will be doing some work on her company's website.  She complains but I know she enjoys what she does.  Well, welcome to the world of the working class!

The next few weeks it'll be pretty crowded in my Manhattan apartment but in a nice way.  Now I'd not even mind if she decides to stay just a tad longer than planned.

Can't wait to be Nicole's mommie again =)

Popular Posts