My Alibi

The summer.

That's my alibi for no new posts since ... oh, I don't know when.  I've lost count.  I could go back to my website and check... but that's too much work.

It's the summer.  People take it easy.  Everything goes slow.  Slower than when it is cold.  Unless you're a bear then you get waaay slower in the winter.  But unless you have dealt with New York City in the summer then you don't know what and why in God's great name people NEED to slow down when you're baking in a heat index of 99 degrees.

Nicole is also here and so I am rediscovering motherhood.  I enjoy meeting up with her at the end of the day and listening to her ideas and her plans and taking in her insights.  I'm amazed at this wonderful child I have brought to earth and yet who has grown up to become her own true person.  Yes, so totally different from me - thank God!

We roam the city a lot, enjoy the sights, relax at the park and really try to watch as many movies as we can.  It is really a lot fun having her around these days.  Well, the fact that I don't need to change her nappies anymore every now and then makes it much much better.  =)

Kristina is also here, spending two weeks in New York and so we have been going out on shopping sprees almost daily.  We chat about stuff that girls chat about - the boys, relationships, life and the gossip that make it all spicy.  

There are also a lot of stuff that goes on day to day - follow me on twitter to discover.  And then there is God's gift to humankind - Facebook.  Facebook connects me to all my friends.  To all those I value as friends.  We share videos, pictures, poke each other on a daily basis ... or every hour, share really funny YouTube videos we discover while we are at work (during lunch breaks...if I may add but you will not believe me anyway).  I may write on your wall today and say something really nasty or make a funny comment on your update or upload and then I can be quiet again for another two months.  But you know we are connected... it says so on the lower left hand side of the Facebook main page.  So if you're my friend and you're still not in my Facebook then add me.  That way you don't have to wait for the very rare days when I have ABSOLUTELY nothing and that updating my blog is the only thing I can do and YET..the blabber is all nonsense.

Enjoy the rest of your summer all... pretty soon it's tall boots and sweater season again!


Popular Posts