Cupcake!!!

I was in a Facebook debate with my friend Bianca about which store had the best cupcake. I have always been a Magnolia Bakery fan when it comes to melt-in-your-mouth cupcakes. I love their German Chocolate cupcakes to death that I diet the whole week just to have the chance to enjoy one or two in the weekend. She however insists that CRUMBS has the best selection. I haven't tried her favorite store, until last weekend.

I jogged with a friend through the park, in the light rain and found ourselves near the corner where a new CRUMBS bakery had just opened. We decided to have coffee and make up for what calories we may have burned in the run (LOL).

CRUMBS certainly had a bigger selection - trays upon trays of mouth watering cupcakes. I took about ten minutes before I made my choice - the Lemon Sprinkles Cupcake.

It was good - what my friend Yoyen would call moment-on-your-lips-lifetime-on-your-hips kind of indulgence.

The cupcake was good - the icing, which is the main attraction of this dessert was lemony tart and sweet at the same time. The cake itself was melt in your mouth.

The difference between Magnolia and Crumbs however is that has fewer selections but they are baked in the premises so you know it is fresh from the oven you get it. Crumbs feels like a Dunkin Donuts store - where everything have just hopped off the conveyor belt for mass consumption.

I am special and so must my highly indulgent vices. I take mine fresh baked and takes a bit of hardship to acquire. Because you see, there are only two Magnolia Bakery locations in the city - the original in Soho which was the haunt for the Sex and the City girls and the newly opened store on the Upper West Side.

But heck, when the urge comes, you can get I will walk the few blocks up to CRUMBS from my office to lick some creamy lushious icing off a cupcake. =)

Popular Posts