Gabrielle's Day Off

In Gabbie's words.....

My Tita (Aunt) Mavic called and told my mommie that she would pass by to take me to school. I have heard that before! Chances are, I told myself, she would forget about me again if some guy invited her to lunch!

Well, thank goodness there was no invite today and she did come. My mommie packed my blue's clues backpack, and then freshly showered and wearing my new shoes, my Tita and I got in her red car and drove to the school where she, my Tita Gigi and my dad went to when they were young.

I didn't want to be carried like a baby when we got there so I told my Tita that I would walk. We went passed through the gate and the guard brought us to the office of the Guidance Counsellor. When we came into her office, I smartly did what my mommie and Tita had taught me, I said "Good morning Teacher!" to the lady. She was sooooo impressed with me that she made me sit in the big chair in front of her desk. And then she asked my name and so I told her - loud and clear! She must have been so impressed with me because she told my Tita that although I couldn't qualify for enrollment yet for the next schoolyear because I was young, the Guidance Counsellor recommended that we go see the principal.

And so I jumped off the big seat and my Tita and I followed the lady to another office where the principal was. When the door opened, a lady with a weird long cover on her hair sat behind the desk. She was small but she had a BIG table but she seemed nice because she was smiling. My Tita said, "Good morning, Sister" and so I said the same thing. I was wondering though because the lady wasn't my Tita Gigi but my Tita called her her sister anyway.

The 'sister' then gave me her hand and told me to 'bless'. I took her hand and gave her a handshake like how I see my daddy doing it. But everyone laughed and I couldn't understand why.

The lady with the long hair cover then asked me again my name and how old I was. I said 'three' and tried to hold up three fingers but my all the rest of my fingers just kept sticking out so it must have looked like a four because she said I was smart and could be included already for enrollment for Kinder 1. She then asked the teacher to bring me and Tita to see the classrooms.

We walked along the corridors of the school where the big kids kept sticking their heads out of the classrooms to look at me. The Kinder 1 classroom was at the very end of the corridor, near where the huge gymnasium was. The students only have class from 7AM to 9:30AM so it was only the pretty teacher who was there.



She made me sit in the small chair and gave me a piece of paper where she taught me how to write the letter A. And then my Tita talked to the other teachers she knew from when she was still a student. I saw little pictures on the wall with the ABC's in them and my Tita told the teacher that I knew the ABC. And so I had to show them how well I knew my alphabet and so I sang the ABC just like how mommie taught me. All the way to the end of the song! The teachers all clapped. I really like this school thing...everyone likes me!



And then it was time to go and so I said goodbye to the pretty teacher and walked some more with my Tita around the school where she took pictures. And then we rode her red car again and she bought me my Happy Meal because she said she was soooo proud of me.

These adults.... they're so easy to please! What did I do anyway but just say my name, try to hold my three fingers up and sing. And they think I am so great! Wait 'til they find out what's been going on in my head!!! Hehehehe....

Popular Posts