On Crushes

Shamelessly, I confess that I still have crushes. Major ones - the kind I'd swoon about and obssess about. The kind that when they come up to talk to me I know my face brightens up a slightly redder tinge and then I start to act juvenile and lose my sanity temporarily. It used to drive my boyfriend up the wall with intense jealousy until eventually he may have confirmed that they were innocuous so he resorted to just teasing me about them.

There are certain qualities that I am most attracted to - tall (5'11" to 6'4", beyond that I think is TOO tall), a nice lean athletic build and an unaffected sense of confidence that I seem to find common among men who are intelligent and accomplished in their field. And there is, of course no bigger turn-on than power.My crushes change day to day but the basic qualifications that attract me stay the same. No, I do not obsess about them so much that my boyfriend is ever threatened. He calls them childish whims that he has learned to find well, 'cute'. He says he finds it amusing and at the same time entertaining that I can be giddy about someone, talk about him endlessly one minute and then lose interest the next.

I have had crushes since I was in 3rd grade, so do I have plans of stopping soon? Heck, no. Whatever makes life fun and makes us young is good. As long as I know I am not hurting anyone, right?

Popular Posts