Something old, Something new

I migrated today to the north end of the office. Same office, same project, same people I have been working with for the past 3 years. Just new computer, new printer, new office and yes, new boss.

The morning began with the drama. The new computer did not have any of my music files so I worked on that first thing (soft soothing music very important to a stressful job). Then I discovered my Lotus Notes was coming without its familiar workspace buttons - not my address book, not my archived emails, not my shortcuts. Worse, the new printer assigned to me did not have a CD for the driver and the online download was complicated to install. The closest network printer was a mile away so. Well, I managed by typing email addresses by memory (my brain memory, not the computer's) which surprised me most of all. It was a sure sign that I have been in the project too long. I also decided to use my previous printer which had a simple driver to download.

Drama over by lunchtime, I settled to my new responsibilities, new adventure. The new boss was easy to work with. He was familiar with much of what the project was all about and was open to learning what he didn't know. He was low key, very humble and smart enough to already focus on what items were crucial for his immediate attention.

I have always loved my job but now I love it more. A new challenge. New learning experiences but something I am eager to tackle. Most of all, being with the people I still call my family away from my family. AHHHH, great day!

Now about that new apartment....

Popular Posts