ADHD

What does it feel like to have Adult Attention-Deficit Disorder (AADD)? You would often feel distracted, disorganized, restless, unable to finish things, like the channel keeps changing in your mind and you can't control the remote. (from the TV ad of Strattera)

I do finish all that I start, sometimes sooner than I hope - like romantic relationships. But I have had many people complain that I am way too hyper-active. 'Kiti-kiti' was why my teacher used to scold me. "Para kang me kwitis sa pwit" was how my friends in college had put it. I might stay up for a crazy party and not hit the pillow until 3AM but at 8AM, I will be up and about. The good side of it: I am perfect at multi-tasking.

This blog entry is not about ADHD or hyper-activity. It just so happened that the TV is on and that ad caught my attention. Mwahahaha...

Flashes of thoughts I had today:

Heaven is where...
The police are British
The cooks are Italian
The lovers are French
The mechanics are German
And it's all organized by the Swiss

Hell is where...
The cooks are British
The mechanics are French
The lovers are Swiss
The police are German
And it's all organized by the Italians

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday is going to be the birthday of a former crush. Crush ko siya when I was in elementary and then crush ko ulit siya when I was already working and I found him again. As the story of my life goes, he met another girl and married her. Two years ago we found each other again. Di ko na siya crush but I am glad he has stayed the great person that I've always known him to be. Very intelligent, very humble, a great sense of humor, thoughtful (calls me pag birthday ko or Mother's Day), a sense of determination to achieve and an extreme commitment to responsibilities even when we were younger. You can ask anyone in our batch and they will tell you they can never imagine him doing anything stupid even when we were younger. As though he had never had a childhood.

I feel comfortable in his friendship. I have often joked with him about my great crush on him. But that sense of admiration remains and is redeemed. He is worth all the sleepness nights of kilig when I was just a teenager.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I just talked to my daughter. It is humid and stormy in Manila, a complete opposite of the weather she had while she was in NY. Me bagyo, pangalan kaya COMELEC?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Roco conceeds to Macapagal-Arroyo per the Inquirer. Always the bridesmaid, never the President.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Also on the Inquirer, FPJ claims to have won the elections. Teka, saan tally board nanaman siya nakatingin? Lekat kung saan saan siya nabaling kasi eh. Kung saan siya nauuna. This whole presidential candidacy decision for him is another badly written movie. He ought to know when to pull the movie off the theatres - pag di na kumikita sa takilya.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My friend Jong has once again fulfilled his commitment to patriotism by volunteering with the NAMFREL in the past elections. Kudos, Jong! Saludo ako sa iyo. Magaling ka na mag-Kodak, me pananagutan ka pa bilang isang tunay na Pilipino!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jasmine just did a FANTASTIC rendition of "I'll never love this way again". I'd vote for her kaso I don't want to be included in the uncounted votes for 'The American Idol'. Same reason I do not vote pag election. I hope she wins, and not just for the sympathy votes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm on a diet after the extreme eat-out spree I had when I had visitors come in and out of Manhattan since Nicole came in. That's why I cooked baked macaroni today. Hindi ko kakainin! I'll bring it to work tomorrow to share with my barkada.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Ano ulit number ng Podiatrist ko? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

P.S. I like it when I get emails about my blog entries. Means people are reading it and absorbing/analyzing my thoughts. One of my readers has complained: sabog daw utak ko. Lekat naman, nakikibasa ka na nga lang me reklamo ka pa.

P.S.S. :-)

Popular Posts