Capturing Beauty with the Lens


Minaret, Sarajevo

The first time Marco showed me his photography, I was plesantly surprised. I had known him a while and hadn't realized that he had this artistic pursuit. When he left New York, we left some of his work with me and they now proudly hang on my living room wall. Pictures from the vantage point of an artist, someone who sees beyond what the regular foks can see. Depth, color, emotional impact captured by his camera.


Bicycle, Albania

The photographs here are mostly from the Balkan region of Central Europe. A very turbulent region even before Christ was born. Marco has patiently tried to explain the region to me and the more I try to comprehend and add the research I do on my own, the more confused I got. And maybe the more frustrated he feels that he cannot seem to get the valuable ideas he wishes to share across to me.


Grandmother, Albania

Regardless what its future may have been or if an impending war may once again disrupt the temporary calm, I see in his photographs a people trying to live their life day to day. Raising families, earning their keep, celebrating their lives and it is a cycle for each and everyone. A cycle of seasons, of birth, life and death, of war and peace.


Easter, Macedonia

The profoundness of its history and the secrets of its ancient mountains will continue to amaze the foreigner. I, merely a second-hand spectator, seeing it from how Marco expresses them to me with beautiful pictures, will continue to be in awe with its paradoxial elements.

I have always had great admiration for people with the artist's eye. Marco certainly tops my list of those whose photography makes me breathless and at a loss for words. It is a rare talent. He is a rare artist.

Popular Posts