Michael




I had once told him he looked like an angel. He blushed. I guess I did too because I just blurted it out, it was a thought said aloud. Tall with light brown hair, brown eyes that can look melt your knees and a tan that is eternal. He laughs like a child and yet his wisdom is immense. He is down to earth, his stature brought about by his job does not go to his head. He speaks with eloquence and authority and yet he is not fond of rhetoric. Direct to the point but very diplomatic.

He is Australian, working as a lawyer in Manhattan. How did I meet him? Fringe benefits of the job. In the weekdays he is in his pinstripes but during the weekends, he runs or bikes in Central Park; skis and snowboards in the winter; swims, dives and sails during the summer. I wanted to see Vermont. I got a picture of him on the snow.

I seek for him in a crowd and my heart skips a beat when I see him. Today he found me near the elevators as I was on my way home. He called out my name and I turned, almost slamming myself to the wall.

This feels weird. This feels wrong. This feels good.

...Ooh, I got a crush on you
I hope you feel the way that I do
I get a rush
When I'm with you
Ooh, I've got a crush on you
A crush on you...


Mandy Moore , Crush

Popular Posts