Bionic Wednesday



It is embarrassing to note that yes, I did get to see the original bionic series. My only salvation would be that I watched it from Manila where the series aired about two to three years after they started airing in the US.

I was a big fan of the Six Million Dollar Man. The intro spiel? "Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster...." segue to theme song.

The original Bionic Woman series? Shall I even mention I have forever pretended to be Jaime Sommers? I can even replicate that slow motion run she makes when she is in bionic mode. That, by the way is the only thing I appreciate about the new Bionic Woman series - when she runs bionic speed, she zooms and zaps across the TV screen. The 70's version had them running in slow motion.

Anyway, tonight albeit the work that beckons, I am on bionic Wednesday mode. Come remote control, come to mama....

Popular Posts