The Colour of My Love

The greatest pain in the world is to love someone so much that being away from him is like living a life with your heart taken from your chest. There is emptiness in the all the world, nothing resembling the same appreciation for every small beauty I used to adore. When I listen to myself laugh and realize that it echoes in the emptiness of a lonely soul. I stare back across the table and listen to someone who is worldly and intelligent but I long for you and our conversations. I miss being engulfed in your overwhelming passion for all that you love and believe in. I miss the simplicity and humbleness that makes a man bigger than life.

In the beauty of a glass enclosed tower that overlooks a city of lights and the streets we used to walk I long to escape and run and hopefully find myself back into that place where we shared so much so selfishly - away from friends and the rest of humankind. Days when we would shut out the world and live in a bubble where there is just you and I....li manco così tanto, il mio amore.

I'll paint my mood in shades of blue
Paint my soul to be with you
I'll sketch your lips in shaded tones
Draw your mouth to my own

I'll draw your arms around my waist
Then all doubt I shall erase
I'll paint the rain that softly lands on your wind-blown hair

I'll trace a hand to wipe your tears
A look to calm your fears
A silhouette of dark and light
While we hold each other oh so tight

I'll paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that we'll never part
That's the colour of my love

I'll paint the truth
Show how I feel
Try to make you completely real
I'll use a brush so light and fine
To draw you close and make you mine

I'll paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that we'll NEVER EVER part
That's the colour of my love

I'll draw the years all passing by
So much to learn so much to try

And with this ring our lives will start
Swearing that we'll never part
I offer what you cannot buy
Devoted love until we die


The song is by Celine Dion.

Popular Posts