Light and Shade

It could be nothing more than a window of a house, a bell of a chapel or another day at the barber's. To the discerning eye of the artist, it is a potential subject for a piece of artwork that will have its chance to be recorded on the canvass of his photography.

I have written about Marco's pictures before. As we are nearing the date for his upcoming photo exhibit in New York, he is more inspired and is sending me new materials. I am confused because I thought we had already come up with our final selection. And he continues to stay humble, refusing to acknowledge that he is an artist. To me, anyone who can yield and operate a camera is a photographer. Someone who can capture images and bring them to a level where it can communicate a message to its viewer is something else. That is to me is an artist.

Marco is the quintessential artist.











Marco will be having a solo exhibit of his pictures entitled "The Balkans" at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, at the lobby of the Secretariat Building from July 4 to 15, 2005.

Popular Posts