Movie Buff

I had bought myself a DVD player during one of the Memorial Day Weekend sales. It was an impulse buy. I had a list of priorities currently in my list of to-save for and to buy-first but I ceded to my instincts that this would be a good buy. Goodbye, really to my cash but I had been enjoying it so much that I do not mind starving myself for a day or two to make up for the diversion to my household budget. Hahahaha, and bundle that with a membership with Blockbuster. Good decision to have taken the new promo deal which is $24 for unlimited videos, two titles at a time.

I have caught up with some of the many movies I have missed (yes, despite my average showing at the movies, I still miss one or two) as well as the episodes of 'Sex and the City' Season 6.

Initially, I averaged one movie a night. It wasn't surprising therefore that I had become an instant familiar face at the Blockbuster video store a few blocks from my house. These days, I have resumed my social life outside of my apartment and just watch when I have time.

It is nice to have an alternative when there is nothing interesting on TV. I have to underscore however that I am not a TV addict. most of the time, as it is this moment, I keep it on just to have some noise in the apartment. My only real favorites include Friends (now just on re-runs) and West Wing (which just ended its season). I have not developed any interests on any of the reality shows except for 'The Apprentice' and only really watched it when it wound down to its last 2 epidoes with Bill and Kwame. I rooted for Kwame so when he lost, I have lost faith on such TV genre as well.

Now, in case you have time to go to the video store later, I will name some of my favorites so far and I hope if you decide to take them as suggestions, you will enjoy them as much as I did.

Ranked in no particular order but will start with my most favorite so far:

1. Chocolat with Juliette Binoche
2. Finding Nemo with the clown fish
3. Mystic River (I just adore Kevin Bacon and Sean Penn is the best!)
4. Y Tu Mama Tambien (it has english subtitles and is the 2nd time I am watching it)
5. Good Girl (Jennifer Aniston gets serious)
6. My house in Umbria
7. Cinema Paradiso (my next MOST favorite)

I will continue to update you on my movie adventures next time.

Popular Posts