What NOT to Blog

Francis complains that I do not have new entries everyday. 'Keep up with your readership,' he scolds me on YAHOO chat. That is, of course a concerned brother's way of keeping me close to the keyboard and away from trouble. He knows me well.

I do stay in trouble and I do make a lot of entries into my blog. Unfortunately, not all of them see the light of publishing. Often, they sit in my folders as DRAFT entries. There are even some unfortunate times when what has already been printed gets to be pulled out due to some valid concern brought forward to my attention by the more dissenting reader. Trust me, I write and if I judge it to be sufficient for public consumption, it makes it to the site.

What is NOT bloggable, however? That would vary per writer. Ludette had me pull out the pretty little article I had written out about springtime and new love. I was sooo kilig an article, anyway!

I also got reprimanded by strictest editor and greatest fan c",)for writing about the flailing love stories of two dear friends which they shared while we were having tapas and wine in Brooklyn. My main critic reminded me that half the people from my work reads my blog and he felt uncomfortable that they would have to know of our friends' heart aches. Good point.

Personally, I will not write about very personal matters. I think I crossed the line when I wrote a blog about my personal rantings a while back.

No sex, no violence, no admitting to anything that I cannot add a disclaimer to after, or anything that will be hard to retract with regard to my love life, morality or lack thereof will not be bloggable. Trust me, be a mom first and know what I mean. The least of my concern is my daughter getting back to me with a: "you did it!" premise to an argument. Nah, she doesn't resort to that. She has a more lethal arsenal of premises to put forth before me than that. She'll say such a strategy is too "80's". Go figure.

My closest relationships - that of my family, romance and friends are all too intimate and precious to be shared. Consider me selfish there but that will not see print. Not even a picture. A picture of me? Ha! There is one but find me in the crowd - hahaha!

Like what I have quoted from Dante (above), I would like to have the fantasy that I am writing for just myself and no one else. I have encased in these HTML pages my 5 cents worth (and sometimes more) on everything that goes on in my head. This blog had literally been the showroom for my psychoses and neuroses. I have evolved from the closet psycho to the runnning-naked-on-the-street loony. It comforts me, however that I remain a faceless voice narrating from a stage to a dark audience.

My blog doesn't intend to be political (my work doesn't allow me to do that) and my intellectual capability doesn't have the depth to plunge on such a labyrinthine and intricate path. I'm admittedly the shallowest of the shallowest. I am so shallow, my knees are always dry (mani, mani...I know).

So what NOT to blog:

1. past, present romances (future, in an attempt to tease fate, I will do that...hasn't hurt so far)

2. health situations - specifically: MINE

3. what I did that day my cell phone was off, my landline kept ringing and the machine was full, my emails got backlogged and I literally fell into the black hole

4. my plans in August

5. pictures of me, Nicole, the family (hmmm... Gigi and Gabbie exempted from that for obvious reasons)

6. anything work related (give me a break - there isn't even anything worth writing about it!)

7. relationships - mine and my close friends

8. my weight, my shoe size or my bra size

Hmmm... so I guess everything else is GAME!

Popular Posts